However, what are some of the differences between these two types of services? Here are some examples from our experts in motion graphics in Brisbane.
The Differences And Similarities Between Video And Motion Graphics
- Both videos and motion graphics can be animated.
- Both videos and motion graphics can be live-action with an animated overlay.
- Live-action usually refers to videos.
- Motion graphics and videos can both contain a slideshow progression of photos and images.
- While video is shot on a camera, motion graphics are 100% computer-generated.
- Video is restricted by the resolution that it was originally shot in, e.g. 720p, 1080p and 4K.
- Motion graphics are designs created with limitless scaling capabilities. Meaning they never go blurry!
At the end of the day, every motion graphic is in fact, a video because of the format used. But only live-action videos with animated overlays can be considered as motion graphics.
3 Benefits Of Using Motion Graphics And Videos
When brands invest in creating motion graphics and videos, there is always some sort of purpose behind it, and the 3 main benefits include:
- Emotive videos: These aim to make your audience feel something that will lead them to take a specific angle. Most emotive videos involve some type of storytelling.
- Promotional: Promotional motion graphics and videos are trendy. They drive a specific product or advertise a specific event to create profit.
- Explanations: Many motion graphics and branded videos are used to explain how a brand’s product or service works. They provide the audience with more information about their services and offerings.
Should I Make Use Of Motion Graphics Or Video?
Shooting live action can often be very costly as you need to hire camera crews, and actors and have a location. Motion graphics in Brisbane usually rely on the creativity of animators, but all animation is usually done in the studio. Click here to view more!
By speaking to a brand that can offer you these services, you will be able to make use of their expert advice and take this into account when choosing the best product for you.
Are you looking for Brisbane’s expert motion designers? Get in touch with the creative team of motion graphics professionals at OYO Studio today!